Thursday, January 13, 2011

S-S-S-Snow Day! I Mean... Week...

Nyah, I greatly dislike being stuck in my house for great periods of time. On the upside, I am actually on track with my timeline so far, and I am (pleasantly) surprised by this development. I have finished the sections "Corinth's Suspicion," "Filio's Icicle," and "Poison." I have the first two typed and I'm going to type the third after this blog.

On Saturday I am meeting with my critique group to talk about the chapters I sent out earlier. I talked to Mrs. Moore over Christmas Break, and we thought it would be a good idea to... release (I guess) the the critique group from this after the meeting on Saturday. The chapters I sent out totaled around 45 pages and over 26,000 words (and that's about 1/6 of the plot). I realized that making them read through the entire thing would be much more time-consuming than I originally thought. I gave them the option of receiving further chapters though, if they wanted. Even if it is just from one section, the feedback I receive can be used with the other parts as well.

I am ready to go back to school. Not ready for homework, but I am ready to see other human beings again.

2 comments: