Thursday, September 16, 2010

So I did my presentation on Monday and it went better than I thought it would. I (finally) got my Mentor Agreement form signed and turned in. And I got written comments from the Board today. From the looks of it, everyone agrees that this project will be demanding and they aren't sure if I can complete it in time. I entirely understand this, but I know that I have a deep (burning, engulfing) passion for this project that has been building over the past three years. I will get this project done on time. There is no other option. Even if it wasn't for Senior Project, I would complete this book before I graduate. No other option.

Something else the Board mentioned is that I should try to find a male reader for the critique group. That makes sense, I just don't know many young males interested in doing this. Any takers? I'm going to have to think about that...

So once I get my outline of the book done, I am going to post it here. The date for that should be somewhere in October so I have time.

In non-Senior Project stuff, I signed up to take the October ACT yesterday and signed up to tour Elon University and hopefully sit in on one of their Creative Writing classes (cross your fingers). If not Creative Writing, then either Psychology or Sociology. I'm super excited about that too. Whoo. Now I just need to go do all my papers, projects, and whatnot over the weekend. Yippee.

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer,
    Look at University of North Carolina-Asheville for creative writing. Mrs. Tinkler went to school there for writing.

    Keep up with your writing. Don't forget to email me writing for the Literary Journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed Mrs. Price commented- go back to her to see if she has some suggestion for a young man. I actually have a suggestion- an OPS 7th grader but I would rather tell you his name rather than announce it publicly!Lets talk tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete