Thursday, October 28, 2010

Deviant Journal Entry

Yes, I feel better now that the rough draft is done. It is definitely not one of my better works. The paper is really just a string of connected quotations, but I have a month to fix that.

On college news, I am not going to be able to meet Stanford's Early Action deadline. I entirely forgot about sending off my SAT scores, and apparently it takes five weeks for scores to be sent... yeah. I could spend an extra twenty dollars getting the scores to California in two days, but I feel shaky on the essay anyways, so I don't feel too bummed about the decision to wait for the regular deadline.

I finally got the last member of the critique group contacted. He is a male seventh grader who goes to Oakbrook. I will be emailing out the completed parts of the novel to the critique group over the weekend.

As to my actual writing, I am doing it bit by bit. Now that the rough draft is done, I might get some more writing done tonight. Not much to be done this weekend though, because I've got about four major things (quiz, book review, article, abstract) due on Monday.

The future is looking bright, right? It will be nice to have an evening where I don't need to work on school-related stuff until ten thirty and need to wake up early to complete it.

I have the urge to end this post with a quotation. Let's see... here's one.

"Don't judge a thing 'till you know what's inside it." - Bryan Adams

Ah heck, here's another one.

"Not all those who wander are lost." - JRR Tolkien

2 comments:

  1. Your research writing flows as beautifully as your prose. I find some of the quotes on children and their mind set toward fantasy very intriguing. I'll get the corrections back to Mrs. Z asap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliment, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete