Thursday, February 10, 2011

Progress! Maybe!

So this week, I completed "Return to Falleon - Orphanage/Transition," "Contact with Erise," and I am halfway through "Fire Business (Rabbit Recall)" and "Leyes' Moment." I plan on finishing the latter two today and tomorrow, which means I will be only two sections behind instead of five. Which is quite the good news bad news moment.

The thing is, the two sections I do have done were 1834 and 1980 words respectively. That's around 3 and 1/2 pages each, single-spaced in 12 point font. That is a lot of writing. I am rather proud of myself. Now I just need to catch up on the other sections and I will be super excited.

Last Saturday I had a meeting with my mentor Dr. Ellison. We talked about the first fifty pages I sent her. She said she really liked the plot, the characters, and the world which was amazing to hear. She gave me some ideas on how to develop relationships between the characters as well as a fair amount of grammar rules to look out for. Man I love praise... I just need to make sure it doesn't go to my head.

I was rereading a part of my book so I could properly transition into it, and when I was reading it, I realized... I realized that I freaking love my story. I love the characters, I love the world, I love the intrigue, I lovelovelove the characters. I'm not saying this out of conceit. I've been thinking about this story since November of 9th grade and it is amazing to see it actually be fleshed out on paper. I am going to be sad when I 'm done with it, but happy too.

I could say something cliche now, like "I'll always have these characters in my heart" or "The story will never really be over for me," but that's just sappy. So I will end this post with a palindrome.

No sir! Away! A papaya war is on!

...Yup.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are on a roll!!! Keep it coming girfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are meeting with success. It will help pull you through the next writer's block.

    ReplyDelete