Thursday, November 11, 2010

Progress...?

I actually wrote for about an hour and a half last Saturday. It was at a party (yes I know that's weird) but the environment was quite productive.
If you didn't hear, we, the Oakbrook Quiz Bowl Team, are now SCISA Regional Champions. We beat Richard Wynn and St. Joseph's to take the title. The funny thing is, it was really close in the end (200 - 195) and when it was announced that we won, the entire room was silent. Everyone was in shock because, let's face it, we never win these things, especially against St. Joseph's. So we are going to the state meet. Amazing.
I feel better now that another wave of massive homework load has passed. I should be good for another week or two before the next wave comes.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the win! I know how you feel about the wave of homework. Its coming soon! Good luck at State and on your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Congrats on the win.

    Glad you're writing again. Get feedback, it will spur you on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really proud of the OPSQB team!! Let us know about the writing- It is quite interesting that you found writing at the party inspiring! You never know what will "crank your tracktor!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the congratulations. I recently talked to my aunt about a college essay idea and her feedback definitely did spur me on.

    ReplyDelete