Thursday, March 3, 2011

Plans

I finally finished the "Epic Battle" chapter of my book. It took up seven pages of my graph paper notebook and it took 3.5 hours to write. One more section down - just five more before I'm caught up.

I have a lot of work to do still. I just need to do it, instead of wasting time on the computer or watching TV. Also, writer's block really stinks. I know what is going to happen, but sometimes it is hard to translate that into words. Or I don't know what's going to happen, but the book needs this transition period, so I have to make it up as I go.

This Friday/Saturday I am going to Elon University for their Fellows weekend to see if I will be accepted to their Honors College (basically). I'm going to be interviewed (which I am not looking forward to). Also, I have to attend a class and do an impromptu writing assignment afterwards which I almost am looking forward to.

When I was writing the epic battle part, I realized I had to sacrifice quality just so I could get it done. I do not like that, but it is necessary. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Rewrites are a fact of life... and generally necessary to actually FINISH a job! Stick with it- you really are on the homeward stretch!

    ReplyDelete