Thursday, March 17, 2011

Attitude Change (and Revert)

Well, I still have not done very much this week, though I have done more than I have lately. I'm going to work on it a bit more today after I finish this blog, and I'm going to have time over the weekend to work on it because of a lovely lack of homework. I foresee a lot of work in my future. -sigh-

Speaking of sighs, I received an email today about a scholarship I entered. I submitted some of my work for a creative writing scholarship and I was not chosen as one of the five finalists. The email said there were 83 (85?) applicants for the scholarship and I know that there has to be losers in order to have winners. I do not feel confident in my writing anymore, honestly. After reading Song of Solomon for English class, I feel even less confident. I want to create something great, something meaningful beyond a plot, but it's just not coming.

I'm still waiting on admission information from Davidson and Stanford. I'll find out about Davidson on the 26th and about Stanford on April 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment