Friday, April 15, 2016

March 15 - (Hashtag) Blessed

So today was an eye opener of sorts re: how blessed I (truly) am.

At dinner tonight, I was sitting with another group, not my normal group, and the topic got to how in debt are you going to be after college?

I thought to myself, I'm not going to be at all in debt; in fact, I have settled my account already. I didn't have to take out any loans, nothing. I funded my college education through scholarships (school and state), a college fund set up by my parents (huzzahs for them!), and $5k a year from my grandfather (well, technically my mother's side of the family's apartment house in Germany, but still HUZZAHS FOR HIM/THAT).

The others were dropping some HUMONGOUS numbers - $30k, $50k. I thought to myself, ALAS/EGADS/GIFT HORSE/ETC @.@.@.@.

So thank you, Converse, for offering the scholarships you do (Presidential, faculty, and the one for most promising rising senior). Thank you, South Carolina, for offering the Life Scholarship. Thank you, parents, for setting up my college fund from the beginning. Thank you, Grandpa Noel, for providing me with the $5k/year from the apartment house in Berlin (btw, thank you, Berlin, for being the amazing city you are [I'm going to come back one day, I promise!]).

But, most importantly of all, thank You Lord for everything You have blessed me with. You are the one who endowed me with this capacity for knowledge. You are the one who gave me such amazing parents (who, despite being humans with all of the frail/miscellaneous whatnots that go along with that, ARE PRETTY DARN AWESOME.)

I am sorry for the anger I had at You about my health whatnots (and still have flashes of sometimes). Thank You for forgiving me time and time again. Seriously. (But You know that.)

Amen <3 p="">
-

(Side note - I just now saw that it is March 15, and I'm like, hey, that's the ides of March, isn't it? Hmm. BEWARE @.@)

No comments:

Post a Comment